Canon and Original Canon Rules Nov 30, 2014 19:32:22 GMT
Post by Amanda Waller on Nov 30, 2014 19:32:22 GMT
Outside CanonWith so much interest lately in outside characters I wanted to lay out a few rules in regards to them. Yes, outside DC canons are allowed once you take up a canon from our list or create your OC but, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. First and foremost we are a Young Justice site not an overall DC Universe site. We follow the same story line as the animated Young Justice series and any outside canons would have to fit into that world. The Young Justice series takes place in Earth 16 and not many outside canons were mentioned in that world which can give a player a bit of wiggle room when it comes to coming up with the characters history but please be aware that if you choose to take up one of these outside canons that you must be able to convincingly place them into this world and make them work with our plot. If you are not sure if a character would be allowed please contact Batgirl or if you need assistance in coming up with a way to make a certain character fit just ask, we will be willing to work with and help you find a place for that character.
The aforementioned will also apply to canons that may have appeared in the YJ series but had very little screen time as in a episode or two. If these characters can find ways to fit in with the overall plot of Young Justice: Alliance then I have no problem in letting them come into play, just please ask a admin first before choosing a minor canon character.
If you wish to have a outside canon you must talk to a admin and you must have a active YJ/forum canon or OC.Original Canon
- Original canon characters must convincingly fit into the Young Justice: Alliance universe.
- If your OC has a history or storyline that directly involves a character already in play you must first get that players permission before continuing with your concept.
- While children and clones of DC superheroes and villains are allowed with staff permission, Kryptonian and Martian clones are not.There may be a limit on how many clones may be allowed on the board, this is up to the administration to decide.
The number of OC children a DC canon character can have will be between 1-2. This will be on a first come first serve basis. A list of taken characters can be found: Here
- Going with the above, non canon alien characters may be allowed at the staffs discretion but OC members of the Lantern Corps will not be allowed.
- Alternate dimension characters or characters from the future will not be allowed.
- While we are a RPG that deals with science fiction and comic concepts we do still aim for realism as much as possible. Please keep that in mindPowers and Abilities
- Every original character must have a weakness and it cannot include something that would be impossible for other characters to accesses.
Code Part 2: Twins
- Powers involving instant death, magic or time alteration are not allowed, this is non negotiable.
- An original canon can have between 2-3 active powers and 1 inactive power unless it is part of a characters physiology, for example: The Amazons or the AtlanteansActive powers would be abilities that are used in a offensive manner. An example of this would be super strength or telekinesis. Inactive powers would be something that would be considered offensive like teleportation or telepathy.
- If your OC is a non meta or has no other worldly powers you may choose up to 3 specialized skills.
We would like to remind everyone that we strive for reality and want people to create relatable and well rounded characters which include your character having flaws. No one person is perfect; we all have our strengths and our weaknesses and that will need to reflect in your created character as well. There is only one Batman, lets keep it that way.
It is also worth mentioning that the staff here at YJ:A will be more demanding with original characters. Myself (Summer) and Gabe have years and years of experience with OC's. They are something we take very seriously and our reviewing process of pending OC may be more in depth than a canon given that canons already have so much established history/powers in the DC universe. We are not doing this to be mean or hateful we are doing this so we can all have the best rp experience possible. We are willing to work with everyone and offer help if it is needed and are always available if you have any questions. Please be aware that if we do for whatever reason deny your application or a certain aspect of it we have good reason which we will go over with you and offer suggestions for that character.
Final Note: While these rules encompass what the admins believe to be important bans and distinctions in creating Oc's, it does not cover all possibilities. To that end admins reserve the right to veto any OC power that we believe falls under the category of overpowered/over complicated/ill fitting with the universe. While the player can PM one of the admins to make their case for a particular power,please note that our rulings on them are final, whether they are in your favor or not.